Monday, April 9, 2012

CALLIDORA'S STORY The Beginning Part 1

Callidora hatched on the afternoon of May 18th, 2010 high atop the Time Square building in downtown Rochester, NY where the nest box is located.
I heard about it on our local channel 5PM news & they gave out a link to the cam.  I had never heard of Ustream so it was all very new to me. But I copied the link & watched in amazement as the 2nd egg hatched later that evening. It was love at first sight & I was hooked !

Here is a photo of the nest box which is located in the top left hand corner of the building.
I had no idea how to use the Social Stream & it took me quite awhile to figure it out but I finally did & there were many people on it that helped me learn about these magnificent birds of prey.

Here is my very first screenshot of the Eyas as falcon chicks are called taken 5.31.10

As you can see Callidora has a full crop. She was a big girl with a big appetite right from the start
Here are the proud parents, Mom & Dad

Beauty 6.2.10

Archer 6.5.10



Good morning Sunhine 6.8.10

Callidora grew & began exploring  - here she is looking out at the big wide world 6.8.10

She was always eager for a meal & here is Daddy feeding the kids 6.9.10
 

Callidora & Jemison all snuggled up 6.9.10

Callidora & Jemison are now 4 weeks old & banding day is coming up

No comments:

Post a Comment